At Steelbiz we take seriously our responsibility to care for and protect the environment in which we operate. We are fully committed to improving environmental performance across all our business activities and will encourage our business partners and members of the wider community to share that commitment.
Steelbiz recognises our key impacts to be in the areas of waste, water use, energy use and vehicle emissions.
- Adopt a high environmental standard in all areas of operation to ensure we meet or exceed all relevant legislative requirements.
- Promote environmental awareness among all workers and seek their involvement, encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Include the considerations or environmental concerns and impacts into all our decision making and activities.
- Train, educate, and inform our workers about environmental issues that may affect their work.
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling. Promote the use of materials and resources. Only use sustainable or recycled products where possible.
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products. Seek substitutions when feasible and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and when such substances are used, stored, and disposed of.
- Develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programs.
- Adopt an environmentally sound transport strategy.
- Continually assess the environmental impact of all our operations.
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance. Consider customer and community expectations, management practices, and advances in technology.
We will achieve this by,
- Developing action plans each year to ensure we deliver each of our environmental policy objectives.
- Annually review our performance to these objectives and make the results available.
Steelbiz is committed to minimising the environmental impact of the company’s operations.
HAVE A QUERY? CONTACT US